Monday, December 19, 2016

Short Rocker: New, Brief 'Rock Dog' Trailer Surfaces


With a little more than two months to go, Lionsgate has released a new trailer for Rock Dog...

A refresher: Rock Dog is an American-Chinese co-production that hit theaters in the Middle Kingdom this past summer. Reel FX, the good folks who gave us The Book of Life, was contracted to do the animation for the film. Lionsgate will be releasing it here in February.


Like I've been saying, I'm digging this. The short trailer is pretty decent, ping-pongs a bit here and there, but the movie I think looks and sounds promising.

It looks like a fun The Gods Must Be Crazy-type adventure story set in an all-animals world (that setting really did dominate 2016's animated feature field, didn't it?), and both trailers haven't left me disappointed. I've heard some word on the street, saying that it indeed is something to look out for. Makes me wish Lionsgate didn't get it, because they normally don't put much effort into marketing their animated releases - good or bad.

Anyways, yes, I'm still on board. What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment