Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Brick Fight: 'The Lego Ninjago Movie' Trailer Debuts


Just in time for the release of the newest brick pic comes the teaser for the next brick pic...

The Lego Ninjago Movie, for the uninitiated, is based off of the company's long-running line of the same name. A line that combines martial arts and monsters and all sorts of action-packed stuff, it even spawned a long-running TV series that was shown on Cartoon Network. After the runaway success of The Lego Movie back in 2014, Warner Animation Group kicked their Lego movie series into high gear.

The full trailer is finally here, and it's nothing like the short film/semi-teaser we got back in September...


I don't know, folks... I wasn't too impressed. A trailer is a trailer, yes, but the film just looks kind of there to me. It's clearly going for the irreverent edge of the first film and Lego Batman, but few of the jokes landed, and while I like some of the little cracks at the good son-evil father cliche, it didn't leave much. Visually, however, it looks pretty cool. We're getting what was promised, for sure. The action looks ace!

Anyways, I'll wait for the next full trailer. If you know me well, I'm not fond of the way most American animated movie trailers are edited, and I'm well aware that trailer editing is a big task - all that story and humor and stuff that you have to pack in, in order to get the people into the seats. But there were some glimpses of awesome in the teaser, so I have some hope. The Lego Batman Movie, going by the reviews, seemed to turn out more than just a good companion piece. Also, I think WAG's only non-Lego film - Storks - was pretty good, too. Perhaps this will kick some butt, too.

What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment