Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Nut That Bad: 'Nut Job 2' Teaser Sorta Surfaces


Forgive the pun, but yes... The Nut Job 2... That animated sequel not too many folk want. The teaser is here.

You're probably wondering... Where? It's not online, that's for sure... But I saw it. Some other folk saw it, too. Where? If you're new here, fun fact: I've been working at my local movie theater since August of 2015, and when I'm an usher, I get the time to check on the movies and see trailers.

So when popping into a screening of Monster Trucks, I saw the very beginning of The Nut Job 2's trailer. Then I thought, "The trailer for this thing isn't out yet. At least not online..." So I stayed in the empty theater and gave it a watch, figuring that it may not pop up online for a while because of the recent release date change (Originally set for May, it's now set to open in mid-August) and the general quietness surrounding this movie. We also have the poster at the theater, which we got before the delay.

Honestly, the teaser wasn't all that bad. The Nut Job is currently viewed as one of those smaller and not-so-good animated flicks that tend to come out in January or so. I've actually never seen the film, I've seen the short that it's based on, but the movie? No. The trailers for it give me little incentive to check it out, and so did the pretty sour critical reception. How does The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature look?

Well... Tolerable.

Not funny or exciting or anything, just tolerable. Definitely slapstick-heavy, too. It looks very run-of-the-mill, and the plot is the tired "greedy human wants to develop on an area that the animals inhabit" slop. I guess no one learned from Norm of the North. All's okay until the final second, where the pug character farts for no reason.

That's basically it. You're not really missing much, but I figured I'd share my thoughts on it anyways. Not sure if or when it'll go online, but it's rolling before Monster Trucks, if you - for some reason - check that thing out.

UPDATE: A day later, it's online.

No comments:

Post a Comment